The Kiwanis Club of Ellicott City is committed to living out our mission, which is “to improve the lives of youth, families and the communities in Howard County and to support Kiwanis International in their mission throughout the world.” In order to expand and carry out our mission, the club is offering to fund local non-profit organizations in the Howard County community that focus on children and improving their lives. More specifically, the club has an interest in awarding grants to organizations that target the areas of health, education, and general welfare of youth and their families.
How are applications evaluated?
The Kiwanis Club of Ellicott City looks for proposals which:
- Address a significant need affecting youth and their families in Howard County
- Include innovative strategies that offer creative solutions without duplicating other efforts.
- Outline a clear proposal with measurable and accomplishable outcomes.
- Support and encourage collaboration between organizations/businesses within the Howard County community.
- Work diligently to address community needs and access community resources.
- Funds are 100% directed towards the project referenced in the application and not towards other projects or operational costs such as salaries, administrative materials, etc.
Process and Timing
Grants are solicited each year and any requests are due to the Kiwanis Club of Ellicott City by April 1. A final decision and award notification will be sent by May 1.
All awardees will be invited to a general membership meeting of the Kiwanis Club of Ellicott City to address the club members. In addition, all awardees will need to complete a post-grant award evaluation form that is due by January 1 of the following year.
If you have any questions regarding the grant application or process, please email our grants committee chair at:
The Kiwanis Club of Ellicott City has been pleased to provide grants to the following recipients:
- Community Action Council, Howard County – 2020
- Days of Taste, Howard County – 2020
- Special Olympics of Maryland – 2020
Are you interested in applying for a grant? Please fill out the grant application here. All applications must be received by April 1, 2021 for this year’s grant cycle. If you would rather print the form and fill it out, please use the PDF version here.